Outfoxed Knitting

Sometimes I'm smarter than the knitting; sometimes it's smarter than me. The fun is figuring it out.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

HTML and Christmas gifts

First, let me just say that yes, I know i have to ramp up my coding skills. Just using blogspot blindly does not work. I realize that. But for the brief moment that is now, I'd rather post than code. As PsychoHubby recently added a part-time job to his school schedule, he'll actually be out of the house for periods of time in which I hope to work on the site. Please bear with me.

Now, here's what has me so excited: I did what I shouldn't and picked up some yarn and new needles. Three skeins of SSH Maxima in a dark gray...grey...gray...grey (Quick, what do I do with the extra u's?) Yes, I know I said I picked some other grey sock yarn for PsychoHubby's first pair of homemade socks, but I got to thinking. Painful, I know, but the truth is he's got the narrow feet I wish I had and prefers thicker, snugger socks. So I went up in yarn size. I'll turn the grey/gray sock yarn into some dress socks for me or someone else I love.

In the meantime, I have to put these socks together in one week. I can do it. Really. I'll do my best to provide an ongoing sock update. I'm really excited about this because I'm doing this sans pattern. OK, I have a basic pattern that'll remind me how to do the heel, but that's it. Actually, I might try and find a different heel. I know what I want to do for the design, and if it works out, I'll clue you in.

Take care and merry X-Mas.

ps. All you knitting cat lovers and anyone else, please check this out. It's horrifyingly hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home