Outfoxed Knitting

Sometimes I'm smarter than the knitting; sometimes it's smarter than me. The fun is figuring it out.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Elizabeth Zimmer-who?

If you can't finish the rest of that name, stop now and check this out. This, too.

Franklin over at The Panopticon along with Tricky Tricot are putting together a Knit-Along to Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac.

I am so there. I'd already planned to work on her baby blanket (February), but this -- this is inspiration. I'm definitely looking forward to this year and being a better knitter (Knitter, even) at the end of it.

So I grabbed my Almanac (strangely already in my knitting bag) and turned to January. Gulp. Gulp. January: An Aran Sweater. Mrs. Z has this to say about knitting an Aran; "Let's start with a challenge -- an Aran sweater. Simpler projects will follow." This lady definitely does not believe in a dumbed-down education.

I gotta admit, I'm a bit intimidated, just because I've never made a sweater before. I'm considering doing just the hat -- I mean, swatch -- and picking up the sweater throughout the year.

After all, according to Mrs Z., gauge is crucial and the need to make a swatch, imperative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home